Deepak Anand is the current Member of Provincial Parliament for Mississauga-Malton and is the current Vice-Chair of the Social Policy Committee. The following is his general biography and a brief overview of his personal vision for the riding. To read his mandate letter and more in-depth vision, click here!
He immigrated from India back in 2000 with a chemical engineering degree and received a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from the Schulich School of Business before becoming a small business owner.
When starting this journey Deepak promised everyone that he would be Active, Inspired and Motivated to bring about positive change to the area - it was his personal AIM. For the last few years even before he decided to run he was active in the community by volunteering and working with different social agencies.
- Former Director for the Indus Community Services (an immigrant settling service)
- Former Director for Telecare Brampton
- Current Director for the Canadian Federation of Truckers (organization that fights for the rights of truck drivers)
- Co-Chair for the Malton Building Community Project (umbrella organization representing various community agencies)
- Founder of Meaningful Media (an organization that focuses on bringing light to different charities)
- Producer and Host for Radio Saanjh (a radio show that discusses local issues and provides exposure to different local organizations that are working for the betterment of the community)
Other projects that he has worked upon in the past include:
- e-Seniors, where Deepak and a few youths taught basic computer skills to seniors during the summer
- Colours Can Talk, which was an interactive program to engage children with autism through painting
- Immigrant Mentorship Program, in which I consistently provided support to a lot of new immigrants and students
Mr. Anand has an MBA with a specialization in Sustainability and he wanted to bring a stronger focus to sustainable value creation in the public domain. With this in mind, he created his personal platform which he plans to achieve for the people of Mississauga-Malton - a brief summary is outlined below but more information can be seen elsewhere in the website.
- Youth Empowerment
- Bringing our Education into the 21st Century
- Local Employment
- Community Engagement
- Public Housing
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate in reaching out!
The riding of Mississauga-Malton is home to approximately 118,000 residents. This riding is home to some of the most hard-working and generous families; people who are not only making their own lives better but also the lives of those around them. We are proud to say that we are one of the larger political ridings with a growing commercial presence. The riding plays a key role in providing a significant amount of income within Mississauga due to flourishing industries including the Toronto Pearson International Airport.